Platform Initialization Problem

Praveen B srinivasprv at ...9...
Fri Aug 8 09:14:45 CEST 2014

Hi Stefan,
         I am working along with Chirag to port Genode on imx6.

We inserted the existing RAM regions in Platform::_ram_regions.( We
rechecked it with linux kernel source code for imx6) But still we are
getting page fault on every access to new Rom_module.

I tried to track the memory allocation what I understood is,
In map_local() call,
when inserting into page tables in "_insert_second_level()" function in
short_translation_table.h file of base-hw, slab->phys_addr() and
slab->virt_addr() return 0 after kernel initialization. So it creates a new
page table and inserting into it. Inserting the same values(phys:10000000,
virt:1000) as arguments of map_local() function in platform.cc.
When I print the address of new page table created, I found that it is in
the range of Program Image.(address of pt is 10159000, and program image
range is (10001000-10189fa4).

I wonder if the memory allotted is clashing with program memory.
Or,
Can it be the issue with MMDC controller of imx6? Because no other board in
base-hw uses MMDC controller, do we need to implement the interface for
MMDC in imx6?

Thanks and Regards

Praveen,
IIT Madras