Adding Sparc/LEON3 support to Genode

Johannes Schlatow schlatow at ...238...
Tue Aug 5 23:07:32 CEST 2014

Christian,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, adding LEON3 support to the
tool_chain script is not that easy.

binutils 2.22 doesn't fully support LEON3 (missing CAS
instruction). I therefore did a quick attempt of bumping the version
numbers in the script to binutils 2.24 and gcc 4.8.2, which however
fails with undefined type uint64_t errors in libstdc++v3.

I think there are basically three options for me:

1. Figure out how to compile the tool chain with the newer versions of
   binutils and gcc, which may, however, have uncertain effects on
   Genode (?).
2. Backport the missing LEON3 features to the versions currently used
   for the Genode tool chain.
3. Somehow work around the libc issues with the gaisler tool chain (if
   possible at all).

Do you have any comments on this? I guess I'd go for the second option
unless you have any other suggestions.

Regards
 Johannes