dde-linux, musb driver code page faults in Routine:Main

Bob Stewart robjsstewart at ...196...
Fri Apr 4 21:38:04 CEST 2014

The platform I'm currently working with is indeed an ARM SOC, a Beaglebone Black (AM3359) from TI. I've got a base-hw implementation working with UART, DMTIMER, SDCARD, gpio with pin muxing, and PWM working using TI Technical Resource Manual for the AM335x series. The USB documentation in the TRM looks, on the surface, pretty complete, so I'll see how I go, using it for USB. My real goal is to get a complete musb running with dma and gadgets, then port an 802.11 device driver under it.  I'll let you kown when I get the musb driver ported, I'm just at the stage of getting the ported musb code to compile and link under the Genode build system, so it will be a while before I get near a robust port.

Thanks,
Bob
Sent from my android device.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Sumpf <Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...>
Sent: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: dde-linux, musb driver code page faults in Routine:Main

On 04/04/2014 06:52 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
> Thank you Sebastian for your very clear explanation.
>
> I'm moving forward now into the wonderfull world of platform device
> initialization.

Good luck with that one .-) If it's an ARM-SOC, I would try to see if
Uboot could do the work for me, otherwise is Linux often the last
resort, since hardware manufacturers just love to omit things like
PHY-documentation or even clock gates.

Please let me know how things go along for you and as you might know:
Contributions are always welcome over here,

Sebastian