Fwd: Open vSwitch possible use, thoughts

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at ...218...
Thu Apr 3 17:15:17 CEST 2014

Greetings All,

I hope that everyone is doing well today.

I originally sent this message, and one other one, to the list bit did not
hear back and was not sure if it went through.

Currently, I am working my way through NOVA+Genode+VirtualBox with good
success thus far, but still a long ways to go as I would like to implement
the Sigma0 and Tutor (from the old NOVA 0.3 Demo) under Genode in the
Nitpicker GUI along with Virtualbox for the VMM's.

While being able to boot the VirtualBox VMM and also knowing that
networking is still under development, I searched around and came a cross,
what I think might be a "possible" good networking solution for the project.

I found Open vSwitch (http://openvswitch.org/) and wanted to see what your
thought were on this as it might be a good solution to allow for multiple
VirtualBox VM's to be running under NOVA & Genode.

Any thoughts on this?

Kind Regards and have a great day,
Lonnie