Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 13.05 released

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu May 30 18:24:58 CEST 2013

We are happy to announce the new release of the Genode OS Framework.
The focus of our work in the past three months was on consolidation
and optimization of the current feature set and extension of our
support for embedded SoCs.

The highlights of the fresh release are:

  - Tooling for automated testing and benchmarking
  - Enhanced terminal infrastructure
  - New network performance benchmarks
  - Platform support
    - Exynos 5 SoC (USB-3, gigabit networking, eMMC, SATA)
    - i.MX SoC (GPIO, display, touch screen)
    - OMAP4 SoC (LCD)
    - Raspberry Pi
    - Linux/ARM as new base platform
  - Device drivers
    - DDE Linux updated to Linux 3.9
    - DDE iPXE update to latest Git version
  - Services
    - FS-LOG service
    - Dynamically reconfigurable virtual framebuffer
  - 3rd-party libraries
    - Qt4 version 4.8.4
    - libSDL supplemental libraries

The whole story is described in the release notes:

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/13.05

Best regards and enjoy
--
Christian Helmuth