l4android update

Thu May 30 13:22:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 05/29/2013 05:13 PM, longjks wrote:
> I am working on l4android3.6 to start android4.0, now there are some problem in there: the l4android3.6 can not work well
> the last log is that:
> [init -> l4android] Terminating L4Linux.
> [init -> l4android] Still alive, going zombie???

This last log is the outcome of a reboot triggered by the Android
userland processes, have a look at the lines above those last ones:

  init: critical process 'ueventd' exited 4 times in 4 minutes;
  Restarting system with command 'recovery'.

Android's init process tells you that the uevent daemon for whatever
reasons crashed repeatedly. To investigate the root cause of the
problem, you might increase the loglevel of Android's init process
(init.rc file) or otherwise instrument your Android initramfs. Normally,
you should also be able to connect via Android's debug bridge 'adb' to
your Android instance. With it you can use the 'logcat' command to dump
the log files. Alternatively, if you aren't able to connect via 'adb',
you might add a service to Android's init configuration that dumps the
logfiles to the Linux console. Here is a hint how to do that:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/android-kernel/h9kphjznwp4

In general, these are Android porting specific questions, and you'll
find probably more Android expertise on an Android specific mailing
lists, like e.g. the l4android mailing list:

> I found the patch files in the directory 'ports-foc/patches' and use these patches to l4android3.6. You know that l4android3.6 is different from l4android3.5, so that some patches will not take effect. I have to change these file manually. I am sure I have add all patches to l4android3.6, but it still can not work. Maybe there are some more place to change in l4android3.6. Where you can figure out the problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> I know the l4android3.6 is not no your road map, but I still hope to get some suggestions from you.

My suggestion is: try to find out the root cause of the problem at
first. Why do the Android user processes crash? Mostly, it's not even a
kernel source problem, but just a different kernel configuration that is
needed.

Good luck, and best regards
Stefan