How to use console line on linux? and l4android?

Wed May 22 11:02:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 05/16/2013 02:27 PM, longjks wrote:
> hi
> At 2013-05-15 17:48:26,"Stefan Kalkowski" <stefan.kalkowski at ...1...> wrote:
>
>>Without having your complete run-script, it's just guessing: One problem
>>to me seems your configuration of the KDB uart driver. Why do you define
>>two different clients, and why do they use uart device #1?
>>Would you please change the configuration to something like this:
>>
>>  <start name="uart_drv">
>>    <binary name="kdb_uart_drv"/>
>>    <resource name="RAM" quantum="1M"/>
>>    <provides>
>>      <service name="Uart"/>
>>      <service name="Terminal"/>
>>    </provides>
>>    <config>
>>      <policy label="terminal_mux" uart="0" detect_size="yes"/>
>>    </config>
>>    <route> <any-service> <parent/> </any-service> </route>
>>  </start>
>>
>>If the double quoting of letters remain, please post your complete
>>run-script, so that one can reproduce your problem.
>
> Sorry for the run script error. I have put the right complete run-script in the attachment.
>
> With this run-script in the attachment, the double quoting of letters remain.

ok, thank you for providing the script. I fear there are some general
problems with running L4Linux on the Pandaboard with Genode's current
master branch. When trying to use your script it hangs after reading the
first blocks from sd-card. I'll investigate that problem.
Nevertheless, I assume the double quoting problem might be related to a
slightly outdated version of the Fiasco.OC kernel. For the KDB uart
driver to work properly, the kernel was tweaked a bit to omit echoing
characters given to serial line:

https://github.com/ssumpf/foc/commit/1d8bc40fd966f794c4ff3017265f80cb0032b433

To have the right Fiasco.OC version in place, please do a 'make prepare'
in the 'base-foc' directory. After that, better do a 'make cleanall' in
your build directory

>>Well, this is something related to the shell you're using (I assume the
>>Android debug shell) only. Would you please be appreciative of us not
>>discussing such items on the mailing list, first and foremost related to
>>Genode issues?
> Sorry for that, I will check the shell and only discuss issues related to Genode....

No problem.

> Have a nice day

Have a nice day too