64bit VMM support on Fiasco.OC

Sartakov A. Vasily sartakov at ...104...
Wed May 15 16:25:48 CEST 2013

Hi there.

>> I want to run either 32bit or 64bit Linux on Fiasco.OC 64bit.  What are
>> the pieces missing from Karma to do this? How much work do you think it
>> is?

Just my opinion: If someone would start to port a L4Linux of top of 64
Fiasc.OC, it's better to port a L4Linux to Genode. it's about the same
effort, but more useful, because currently L4Linux in Genode do not
have full functionality related to hardware access.  Moreover L4Linux
in Genode uses a fiasco.oc' calls, so, L4linux depends on kernel.

--
Sartakov A. Vasily