64bit VMM support on Fiasco.OC

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed May 15 10:30:22 CEST 2013

Hi Daniel,

> My current understanding is that L4Linux is x86_32 only.  I am wondering
> what the best route to Linux virtualization on Fiasco.OC x86_64 is. Has
> anyone looked at porting the Karma VMM to Genode or looking at L4Linux
> 64bit support.  I can't easily move to NOVA.

there are currently no such plans from our side at Genode Labs. For
enabling L4Linux on 64-bit. The best way forward would be to get in
touch with the L4Linux maintainer Adam Lackorzynski who might be willing
to help out with the heavy-lifting for L4Linux/x64 (on L4Re though).
Once it runs on L4Re, it would be relatively easy to use L4Linux on
Genode too, thanks to our L4Re emulation library that we employ for
running L4Linux on Genode.

Just for the record, let me add that the Vancouver VMM on NOVA does not
support 64-bit guests either.

Best regards