How to use console line on linux? and l4android?

Wed May 15 11:48:26 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 05/14/2013 04:21 PM, longjks wrote:
> Hi,At 2013-05-06 16:18:59,"Stefan Kalkowski" <stefan.kalkowski at ...1...> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>On 05/02/2013 03:38 PM, longjks wrote:
>>> hi,
>>> How can  I want to use console line on serial line.
>>> When I debugging, it is not convenient without command line on serial line.
>>
>>if you want to use the serial line as terminal interface, and not for
>>logging purposes, or to interact with the kernel debugger only, there
>>exist two possibilities.
>>
>>The first most convenient one is to enable a second UART interface of
>>the Pandaboard (via its expansion connectors), and use the Genode's UART
>>driver for the Pandaboard, which provides a UART session. A UART session
>>in Genode is derived from the terminal session type, therefore you can
>>directly connect e.g. the l4android process to use that UART driver as
>>its terminal.
>>
>>If you don't want or aren't able to use a second UART interface, another
>>approach would be to use the Fiasco.OC specific UART driver that simply
>>connects to the Fiasco.OC kernel debugger. It can be found under:
>>'os/src/drivers/uart/kdb'.
>>
>>The drawback of the latter approach is, that your terminal sessions
>>might get polluted by logging messages of Genode's core process, and the
>>Fiasco.OC kernel.
>>
>>Another component that might be of interest for you is the terminal
>>multiplexer. In combination with the terminal multiplexer service
>>('gems/src/server/terminal_mux') you can use one and the same terminal
>>session (e.g.: a UART line) in combination with several terminal
>>clients. An run script example that combines the terminal multiplexer,
>>and the UART kdb driver can be found in 'gems/run/terminal_mux.run'.
>>
>>Regards
>>Stefan
> like Stefan said, I have used the seconde method using  the Fiasco.OC specific UART driver under 'os/src/drivers/uart/kdb'.
>
> I added this to my run script:
>
> <start name="uart_drv">
> 		<binary name="kdb_uart_drv"/>
> 			<resource name="RAM" quantum="1M"/>
> 			<provides>
> 				<service name="Uart"/>
> 				<service name="Terminal"/>
> 			</provides>
> 			<config>
> 				<policy label="terminal_mux" uart="1" detect_size="yes"/>
> 				<policy label="noux" uart="1" detect_size="yes"/>
> 			</config>
> 			<route> <any-service> <parent/> </any-service> </route>
> 		</start>
>
> then, I can use console line on seria line.
>
> However, there are some problem in my console line. You can see the problem pictures in attachment.
>
> One is that When I enter one character, it will write this character twice. For example,
>
> if I enter one 'a' in the console line, it will appear 'aa' in the screen. but the fiasco kernel get the right one 'a'.

Without having your complete run-script, it's just guessing: One problem
to me seems your configuration of the KDB uart driver. Why do you define
two different clients, and why do they use uart device #1?
Would you please change the configuration to something like this:

  <start name="uart_drv">
    <binary name="kdb_uart_drv"/>
    <resource name="RAM" quantum="1M"/>
    <provides>
      <service name="Uart"/>
      <service name="Terminal"/>
    </provides>
    <config>
      <policy label="terminal_mux" uart="0" detect_size="yes"/>
    </config>
    <route> <any-service> <parent/> </any-service> </route>
  </start>

If the double quoting of letters remain, please post your complete
run-script, so that one can reproduce your problem.

> The other problem is that when i enter another path using the command 'cd ', the path can not appear int the front of console line. You can not know what path you are.

Well, this is something related to the shell you're using (I assume the
Android debug shell) only. Would you please be appreciative of us not
discussing such items on the mailing list, first and foremost related to
Genode issues?

Regards
Stefan