how to create device

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri May 10 11:32:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

>     thanks to feske for helping.finally i implement the touch srceen
> driver.i let the ft5406 provide Input service,and make the nitpicker use
> Input service and route to ft5406_drv.then it worked.

excellent!

>       i used dde_linux to provide usb driver,it has hid, storage,etc.the
> hid can provide Input service, and nitpicker can use it.
>       now i am going to do some work on usb serial,then the usb modem
> can work.i think it should be implemented in dde linux like usb hid or
> usb storage.and in l4android,i should use the genode_serial.c file.am i
> right?do you have any ideas?or have you done any work about this?

you are spot-on about enhancing dde_linux. USB serial should certainly
be provided as a 'Terminal' service, which implements a fairly simple
subset of the 'Uart' interface. (provided by Genode's the real UART drivers)

On the L4Linux side, you have identified the right stub driver. The
'genode_serial.c' stub driver uses the 'genode_terminal_*' function
interface as backend. In the implementation of the backend (see
'ports-foc/src/lib/l4lx/genode_terminal.cc'), you will see that the
backend uses a single 'Terminal' session. Maybe it would be useful to
extend it with the ability to provide multiple terminal sessions
according to the L4Linux configuration? So you could have multiple
serial-device nodes in Linux connected to different 'Terminal' services.
If you like to explore that path together, please go ahead and create a
corresponding topic in our issue tracker:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues