debug vs. release

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Jan 30 11:58:26 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

> Does the Genode build system have support for debug vs. release build
> differentiation? Are there conventions for code-level conditionals?  If
> not, I suggest you the Genode folks might consider adding to the road map.

there is already a "release" mode. You can activate it by specifying the
following line in your '<build-dir>/etc/specs.conf' file:

  SPECS += release

By setting this spec value, the 'base/mk/spec-release.mk' file will be
incorporated into the build process, which sets a define called
'GENODE_RELEASE'. We use this as a condition for dimming the noise of
debugging messages (see 'base/include/base/printf.h') in release mode.