[genode] Label in l4_ipc_wait

jaeyong yoo y.jaeyong at ...9...
Fri Jan 25 12:19:52 CET 2013

Hello Genode,
I have a question regarding Genode Label in Fiasco.OC kernel.

I noticed that Msgbuf_base::label() is the same as the return value of
l4_ipc_wait (which is basically genode label):

        L4_INLINE l4_msgtag_t
        l4_ipc_wait(l4_utcb_t *utcb, l4_umword_t *label, l4_timeout_t
timeout) L4_NOTHROW;

label is described as following:

         * \retval  label   Label assigned to the source object (IPC gate
or IRQ).

But, I can not see any corresponding label in ipc call as we can see below:

        L4_INLINE l4_msgtag_t
        l4_ipc_call(l4_cap_idx_t object, l4_utcb_t *utcb, l4_msgtag_t tag,
l4_timeout_t timeout) L4_NOTHROW;

So, here goes the question:
Since genode label is passed to the first data of Msgbuf_base::buf, does
Fiasco.OC pickup this value and return when l4_ipc_wait function called?

Best regards,
Jaeyong