build directory outside of Genode dir xor vim error

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at ...9...
Tue Jan 29 04:49:27 CET 2013

I have so much problems right now.
Still on staging... not sure for how long.

On foc?
The make prepare was so long, that I decided I did not want to try to
build that.
The make prepare seems to prepare vim, download uclibc (with a libc
that seems to prepare to run on Linux and others). At first, seeing
some good documentation was fun. But seeing it download all the stuff
in base-foc/contrib/l4/pkg make me afraid.
I really don't understand why all that is needed for Genode.

On nova:
paul at ...162...:~$ cd build.nova32
paul at ...162...:~/build.nova32$ make run/noux_bash
using run script --include
couldn't read file "--include": no such file or directory
    while executing
"source $include_name"
    ("foreach" body line 3)
    invoked from within
"foreach include_name [get_cmd_arg --include ""] {
	puts "using run script $include_name"
	source $include_name
}"
    (file "/home/paul/mygenode/tool/run" line 508)
make: *** [run/noux_bash] Error 1
paul at ...162...:~/build.nova32$

It looks a bit like my run tool is corrupted.
Maybe I would need to make cleanall and retry.

On Pistachio.
I liked the make prepare that got 5.6 MiB, was ok.
  Program core/x86/core
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/build.pistachio'
genode build completed
cp: cannot stat
`/home/paul/build.pistachio/l4/util/kickstart/kickstart': No such file
or directory
    while executing
"exec cp [pistachio_user_dir]/util/kickstart/kickstart [run_dir]/pistachio"
    (procedure "build_boot_image" line 12)
    invoked from within
"build_boot_image $boot_modules"
    (file "/home/paul/mygenode/ports/run/noux_bash.run" line 201)
    invoked from within
"source $include_name"
    ("foreach" body line 3)
    invoked from within
"foreach include_name [get_cmd_arg --include ""] {
	puts "using run script $include_name"
	source $include_name
}"
    (file "/home/paul/mygenode/tool/run" line 508)
make: *** [run/noux_bash] Error 1
paul at ...162...:~/build.pistachio$

Yes, I could try okl4 now.