build directory outside of Genode dir xor vim error

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jan 28 20:03:06 CET 2013

Hi Paul,

On 01/28/2013 06:34 PM, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> Ok, made make clean then make run/bash_noux still on staging.
>
> I now have the bash window:
> base-4.1# ls
>
> Maybe it was not a correct command to ask for, because the system
> seems to be hang there:

sorry, I forgot to mention that noux_bash does not work on base-linux.
On this platform, fork is not implemented. So the bash shell cannot
spawn the 'ls' child process. I just expected that you are still on NOVA.

Could you give it a try on one of the microkernel-based platforms (e.g.,
foc, nova, pistachio, or okl4)?