copyrights, patents, IP and integrity.

spaesani at ...165... spaesani at ...165...
Mon Jan 28 12:15:15 CET 2013

Thanks for straightening that out.

I'm not sure what a troll is so I'm ill placed to say I'm not one :).

I also can't say much about the FUD since I didn't get a copy of my email with your reply.
I'll take your word for it :).

With regards to Genode's approach to patents I have to say that though not patenting any of the research and possibly subsequent work can be seen as commendable it does not guarantee the non patentability of the work through publication (I'd been misled to believe this in the past concerning my work). The actual patentable processes have to be identified and published to make the patent 'public'. I've made the correction for my own work by integrating patentable process identification in the development work flow (and possibly the ide, but that's an auii thing..). I'm guessing that corporations do this allready. Not to be pretentious, though it's a little too late for that at this point, I'd suggest considering doing likewise with your own work. Though I'm not sure what a patent troll is it might address the issue. At least it provides miuch better assurance for a public patent.

Hope that clarifies my end. Hope also it clarifies why I am a bit bighty towards the fsf's and consequently the GPL approach since it has left those who have not identified their software's patentable processes open others to privately patent. [!warning: FUD follows] People who usually have the funding and vested interest to do so.

:)