MSI support in Genode

Jilong Kuang jilong.kuang at ...60...
Thu Jan 10 03:55:44 CET 2013

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your clarification.

Yes, we need to have MSI/MSI-X support for our network card driver. Probably we will first try extending the current Genode API to leverage MSI support from Fiasco.OC

Best regards,
Jilong

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Sumpf [mailto:Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:17 AM
To: Genode OS Framework Mailing List
Subject: Re: MSI support in Genode

Hello Jilong,

On 01/09/2013 01:30 AM, Jilong Kuang wrote:

> Could any briefly point out how to use MSI in Genode for device driver
> (e.g., e1000 card)? The existing IRQ API seems to only handle normal
> interrupt case. Is there any sample code I can refer to?

Unfortunately there is no MSI support in Genode's IRQ session as of now, therefore no sample code also. Currently we have shared IRQ support for Fiasco.OC, Nova, and OKl4. Would that solve your issue or do you have other needs that strictly require MSI support?

Additionally support for MSIs is on our road map and may evolve through the course of this year. But that heavily depends on our working schedule, which happened to change quite often in the past. So I cannot tell when, but MSI support will be implemented eventually.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf