MSI support in Genode

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Wed Jan 9 12:17:18 CET 2013

Hello Jilong,

On 01/09/2013 01:30 AM, Jilong Kuang wrote:

> Could any briefly point out how to use MSI in Genode for device driver
> (e.g., e1000 card)? The existing IRQ API seems to only handle normal
> interrupt case. Is there any sample code I can refer to?

Unfortunately there is no MSI support in Genode's IRQ session as of now,
therefore no sample code also. Currently we have shared IRQ support for
Fiasco.OC, Nova, and OKl4. Would that solve your issue or do you have
other needs that strictly require MSI support?

Additionally support for MSIs is on our road map and may evolve through
the course of this year. But that heavily depends on our working
schedule, which happened to change quite often in the past. So I cannot
tell when, but MSI support will be implemented eventually.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf