Road map 2013

Julian Stecklina js at ...14...
Mon Jan 7 01:55:06 CET 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 19:23 +0100, Norman Feske wrote:
> > Ourselves, we plan to look at a native implementation of a 10G driver
> > (probably Myricom but yet TBD).  We are also interested in a more
> > scalable and better performing TCP stack.
>
> Maybe there is the chance to somehow team up with Julian (blitz at
> GitHub) on this topic? As far as I know, he is genuinely interested in
> high-performance networking and has profound experience in the domain.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Maybe there is time to talk about this at FOSDEM. I have 10G Intel
hardware available and will probably do a native driver for our
userland(s) soonish, which would be available under GPL. If you do not
need anything fancy (IPsec offload, weird PHY programming, ...), it
should be easily portable to Genode.

Julian