noux - linux

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Dec 3 15:24:35 CET 2013

Hi Nick,

> Could anyone possibly give me a hint?
> make run/noux
> checking library dependencies...
> Library-description file libc.mk is missing
> Library-description file libm.mk is missing

in addition to preparing coreutils in the 'ports/' repository, you will
also need to prepare the libc in the 'libports/' repository and enable
libports in your '<build-dir>/etc/build.conf' file.

Thanks for pointing out the shortcoming in our documentation. We should
better add this step in the text.

Note that even though the simple 'noux.run' script works on Linux, Noux
scenarios that use fork() won't work on base-linux. Hence, for
experimenting with Noux, I recommend to use one of the microkernels.