Genode Source building

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Aug 20 15:20:13 CEST 2013

Hello Venkada,

> build.lx>

because you are using Genode on Linux, no ISO is created. On Linux,
Genode's core is just started as ordinary Linux process. To see what is
going on under the hood, please take a look at the respective
'base-<platform>/run/env' file, which contains the platform-specific
rules for integrating a Genode scenario into a bootable form.

If you execute a run script within a build directory configured for one
of the non-Linux kernels on x86, the build system creates an ISO file at
location '<build-dir>/var/run/<run-script-name>.iso'. Such an ISO file
can be burned onto a CDROM, written to an USB stick (via 'dd'), or
booted via Qemu. The latter is what happens automatically.

> could you please tell me clear steps to compile genode source code for
> applying directly on hardware and linux platform . also how to generate
> iso to boot genode in x86 hardware. is any boot file required for those ?

With the exception of Linux, the boot files are created at
'<build-dir>/var/run/<run-script-name>/'. Those files comprise the boot
loader, boot-loader configuation, the kernel, and the binaries.