l4android can not run rightly on Pandaboard?

Tue Apr 9 12:23:08 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 04/06/2013 05:43 AM, longjks wrote:
> hi,
>
>>I've opened a corresponding issue in our tracker:
>>https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/705
>>There you'll find a patch to resolve that problem. With that patch in
>>place Android boots fine on my Pandaboard.
> using this patch, I can not see the error log " Could not resolve
> pf=400feff8 ip=10004b8".
> Howerver, Android can not boot fine on my Pandaboard.
> From the log, I found this code can not work.
> In ports-foc/src/lib/l4lx/genode_block.cc,214 line.
> !!devices[j] = new (env()->heap()) Block_device(label);
> It can not run into the construction function of Block_device.
> I think there are something wrong in this three line:
> In ports-foc/src/lib/l4lx/genode_block.cc,103-105 line.
> !: _alloc(Genode::env()->heap()),
> !  _session(&_alloc, TX_BUF_SIZE, label),
> !  _irq_cap(L4lx::vcpu_connection()->alloc_irq())
> But i can not know how to fix this wrong.

The constructor of the "Block_device" in the L4Linux block
para-virtualized driver simply waits for the connection to the Block
service. It can't get a connection, because the sd-card driver seems to
exit when trying to detect the card. Have a look at this part of your log:

[init -> sd_card_drv] Could not detect high-capacity card
[init -> sd_card_drv] C++ runtime:
Sd_card::Host_controller::Detection_failed

Maybe, you're not using a high capacity card? The driver only supports
SDHC cards.

>>You can get the whole log by removing the log_term, and use core's LOG
>>service for all children instead. Then all logs will appear on serial
>>line. We've put the log_term in place in some run-scripts only for
>>demonstration purposes, when there is no serial line available. For
>>debugging it's often more convenient to use only the serial line.
> I can removing the log_term, you can see my whole log in the attachement.
>
>>The patch you've sent is not complete, it won't build all necessary
>>components.
> Would you give me you run script for l4android?

Have a look here:

https://raw.github.com/skalk/genode/l4android-panda/ports-foc/run/l4android_panda.run

I've written a simplified version of the l4android.run script for you,
which runs on Fiasco.OC/Pandaboard only.