Help on running the Hello code in Genode.

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Apr 5 08:03:25 CEST 2013

Hello Pramod,

welcome to the list :-)

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 09:58:31PM -0700, Pramod Herath wrote:
> [init] Could not open file "config"
> [init] Could not obtain config file
> [init] C++ runtime: Genode::Config::Invalid
> [init] void* abort(): abort called
>
> and the system seems to be waiting indefinitely.
> Is there anything wrong I've done? Am I missing anything?

The log output states that you are missing the file "config" and also
that "init" could not obtain its configuration. The config file is
essential to bootstrap the Genode system. Otherwise, init (which is
the first process comparable to Linux's init) does not know which
processes to start and how to configure resources. So in your case, it
just throws an exception (Genode::Config::Invalid) which is not
catched and, therefore, just aborts.

You need to write the config file and put it into the bin/ directory

  http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/client_server_tutorial#Making_it_fly

Then, the following should work

  cd bin; ./core

Have fun