about crypto service in Genode

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Apr 1 14:44:59 CEST 2013

Hello Jian Liu,

On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 02:34:05PM +0800, Jian Liu wrote:
>      When I read "Road Map for 2013", I find there is furture release 13.05
> (should be publised in May this year according to the Road Map) which
> support Cryptography functions in Genode. And moreover, I also find current
> topics related to crypto serivce as follow.
>
>      https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/55

According to the issue tracker Taru Karttunen was working on the issue
a year ago. IIRC he was also follwing this mailing list. We don't have
additional information about the state of his work.

So, we'll have to revive the topic ourselves soon, but do not have
detailed plans just some bullet points

- Cipher and hash for block-device encryption. Candidates are SHA and
  AES.
- Sufficiently secure sources for random numbers including a kind of
  entropy gathering daemon
- Block-device service with encryption

>      But it has not been updated for serval monthes. I wonder if there is a
> detailed planning about crypto development in Genode. I am interested in
> it. I can join this work follow your planning.

I expect our plans will substantiate in the next weeks.

Could you please elaborate more what's your interest in Crypto on
Genode or what scenario you're targeting?

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth