mke2fs freezes with device-mapper device

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Nov 26 12:31:27 CET 2012

Hello,

> I've to admit, that the current staging branch seems to be a bit
> unstable with regard to L4Linux. I realized a hang of the Linux kernel
> while booting. But it's hard to reproduce, and didn't occured after the
> login is available.

in the meanwhile, the fix went to genodelabs/master.

Generally, I would not recommend to use the staging branch because the
commits that are not already merged into master may be rebased at any
time. When the automated build and test bot detects a flaw in one of the
pending patches in staging, those patches will be updated.

Instead of using staging, I recommend to checkout the master branch into
a private branch and apply individual commits from other branches. This
is quite convenient using 'git cherry-pick'.