Genode + panda es (rev-b2),

Ali Nehzat ali.nehzat at ...9...
Sun Nov 18 18:01:05 CET 2012

Hi,

I recently came across this project and have been playing with it all
weekend.. So far it's very impressive!

I've finally managed to get run/demo up and running on my pandaboard
and I was wondering if someone could please assist me with the
following questions & observations?

1. I had to add REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/dde_linux to
etc/build.conf in order to get everything to build properly, otherwise
make would throw an error at devices/usb. Is this correct?

2. If I close any of the children applications using the 'x' button in
launchpad I get the error below and everything hangs. I had a little
look at the code and the forums and while I understand the current
state of affairs I was wondering if there is a way around this problem
such that way things wouldn't hang so abruptly?

unmapping of managed dataspaces not yet supported
no RM attachment (READ pf_addr=400fe990 pf_ip=80018bb8 from 24)Assertion failed:
  File: /home/ali/tools/genode/base-hw/src/core/kernel.cc:1991
  Function: void Kernel::do_submit_signal(Kernel::Thread*)

3. Nitpicker gets noticeably unresponsive when a new process is being
launched. What's the reason behind this in layman's terms? My hunch is
that this is due to nitpicker and not related to the core but I just
wanted a bit more detail if possible please.

4. While probably not related to genode, does anyone know how I can
get the reset button on the pandaboard to work properly? Right now it
looks like it resets the board, but U-boot does not come back up
again. I'm currently using the precompiled version from your
repository.

Thanks in advance!
Ali,