RFC: Missing part of genode OSD :: A user wiki

Althaf althafkbacker at ...9...
Tue Mar 6 04:58:39 CET 2012

On 5 March 2012 19:02, Christian Helmuth
<christian.helmuth at ...1...> wrote:
> Hello Althaf,
>
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 12:35:22PM +0530, Althaf wrote:
>> It would be beneficial to keep a user specific wiki, i meant not the
>> actual documentation that is provided in the Genode home, but some
>> newbie guide to getting started. Say  setting up network interface ,
>> how to. etc. Well, though source tree is well organised , it can be a
>> lost world for a newbie. So, a wiki from the genode domain would be of
>> great help. What are your views ? Seems like future Google Summer of
>> Code students  can benefit from this.
>
> We had a Wiki for Genode on http://genode.org/ for the last years, but
> besides one or two small community contributions all contents came
> from Genode Labs. Beyond this limited feedback, we spent significant
> efforts to maintain the Wiki and additionally the sames contents in
> the source tree because this is what users of Genode have at hand.
> During the transfer of the contents of our website from Plone to
> static HTML, we skipped the Wiki in favour of the documentation
> bundled with the sources.

Ah, yes, i understand this issue now, making it consistent across
various versions
would be a pain.

Either way, i would recommend a new directory entry to /doc/ , that would be
/doc/contrib , which will contain user contributed documentations. And should
be with a Post Script in README file

" Genode labs doesn't monitor the consistency and validity of the
documents provided here, these are contribute by the community for
educational purpose "

--
/althaf k backer/