I/O Memory Mapping failed

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Mon Jul 30 23:00:14 CEST 2012

Hey Markus,

On 07/26/2012 11:29 AM, Markus Partheymueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to ask about the status of this issue.
>
>>> Please try to subtract the offset from the initial '_map' call:
>> That didn't do it, because it still uses the base address with offset
>> for the io mem connection. What did help was to use _base - _offset()
>> in the constructor of Io_mem_connection. Now I could successfully boot
>> genode with USB input devices and launch scout.
>>
>> But that is of course a very dirty hack to get it running. The
>> question is, why the creation of io_mem_connection fails, or if the
>> memory map has some issues.
You may be right here, but in my opinion the 'Io_mem_connection' should
perform as follows:
1. Mask the required region to page alignment
2. Map the thing
3. Add the offset to the dataspace

I have to verify that though, since Christian told me that the behavior
may have changed. Therefore:
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/309.

Greetings,

Sebastian