How to configure networking in L4 Android?

Mon Jan 30 10:54:18 CET 2012

Hi Evgeny,

the L4 Android image for ARM had been configured to use a loopback
device only. I'm not sure why we didn't enabled it in the image,
probably because networking on L4Linux ARM wasn't working at that time.
In general I don't see any obstacles for using networking in the ARM
version too. Therefore you need to tweak the 'init.rc' file in the
initramfs archive for L4 Android ARM ('root-ginger.gz'-file).
At least the section:

 on boot
 # basic network init
     ifup lo
     hostname localhost
     domainname localdomain

needs to be extended. Also you have to add some item for the
dhcp-daemon, so that it will be automatically started by Android's init
process. The 'init.rc' file in the x86 version might be a good starting
point.

Regards Stefan