[RFC] I guess we need an IRC channel at Freenode

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Wed Jan 18 20:43:17 CET 2012

Hello Althaf,

I must admit that I'm not a great proponent of IRC and IRC-based
support, but things may change if there grows a vital discussion
culture. Unfortunately, I'm often out of office with limited internet
access.

To your investigations...

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:42:08PM +0530, Althaf wrote:
> Chanel "##genode" has been registered by me, for reservation purpose.
> Chanel "#genode" has been registered by some one else. Seems like we
> have to ask them politely to release the channel.
> Please do consider http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml aswell.

I just checked that. At least to members of the #genode channel ring a
bell: Thomas M DuBuisson (tommd) and Taru Karttunen (taruti). IIRC
both of them used this mailing list in the last years. So, I do not
expect much resistance to adopt the channel.

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com/ · http://genode.org/ · /ˈdʒiː.nəʊd/