l4linux booting failure on Genode

Jilong Kuang jilong.kuang at ...60...
Fri Dec 14 23:57:21 CET 2012

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I managed to boot up l4linux in QEMU. However, on real machine, I have no clue why the prompt doesn’t show up (I used the same binary and config file as in QEMU). Since I don’t have double COM-ports right now (all our machines come with only one COM port), I can’t see what’s happening on the l4linux side. As you said, the Genode side log seems right.

Is there anything you could suggest other than putting two COM-ports to find out what went wrong?

Best,

Jilong

From: Ivan Loskutov [mailto:loskutov.ivan at ...9...]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:49 PM
To: Genode OS Framework Mailing List
Subject: Re: l4linux booting failure on Genode

Hello Jilong,

This log seems good. These messages aren't critical error, they are warning.

In l4linux script qemu must redirect first UART to file, this file contains genode debug log (this log), second UART redirected to console, it's l4linux console. If you use real hardware you need connect two COM-ports to your target, COM0 for genode log and COM1 for l4linux.

--
Ivan Loskutov