building nova

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Fri Aug 24 15:16:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

can you please make sure that you don't use an outdated build directory.

Something like this should work:

tool/create_builddir nova_x86_32 BUILD_DIR=build.nova32
make -C base-nova prepare
make -C build.nova32

On 24.08.2012 12:16, buzz lightyear wrote:
> Hi
>
> I built the Nova base at least a year ago and had no problems building
> using <genode>/base-nova/docs/nova.txt.
>
> This time (with !make kernel no longer available) I do a !make and get

No.

"make -C build.nova32 kernel" is still available.

> Could someone please give me a hint at what I should do here - I'm
> running on Ubuntu 12.04 32bit - the prebuilt toolchain seems to work OK.

On a Ubuntu 12.04 64bit it works like a charm. I have for now no 32bit
Ubuntu 12.04 available.

Cheers,

Alex.