Illegal session request to service CPU

Markus Partheymueller mail at ...119...
Fri Aug 17 10:40:23 CEST 2012

Hi,

with the latest code in staging I get the following error when
starting the PCI driver through ACPI:

[init -> acpi -> pci_drv] PCI driver started
[init -> acpi] pci_drv: illegal session request of service "CPU"

Later, the PCI driver fails because of this.

The config portion looks as follows:

<parent-provides>
  <service name="ROM"/>
  <service name="RAM"/>
  <service name="IRQ"/>
  <service name="IO_MEM"/>
  <service name="IO_PORT"/>
  <service name="CAP"/>
  <service name="PD"/>
  <service name="RM"/>
  <service name="CPU"/>
  <service name="LOG"/>
  <service name="SIGNAL"/>
</parent-provides>

<start name="acpi">
                <resource name="RAM" quantum="32M"/>
                <binary name="acpi_drv"/>
                <provides>
                        <service name="PCI"/>
                        <service name="IRQ"/>
			<service name="CPU"/>
                </provides>
		<parent-provides>
			<service name="CPU"/>
		</parent-provides>
                <route>
                        <service name="PCI"> <any-child/> </service>
			<any-service><parent/><any-child/></any-service>
                </route>
        </start>

The parent-provides entry and the service name="CPU" in <provides>
were not present in my last setup, but didn't change anything.

Am I missing something or is there a problem with the most recent
changes regarding the CPU session or NOVA-specific code?

Cheers,

Markus