Fwd: Re: openrisc

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Fri Aug 3 12:32:45 CEST 2012

Hi Nick,

I have forwarded your last mail to 'genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net',
but for the moment i'll CC to both addresses till you receive the main
list too.

Thank you for your positive feedback on 'base-hw' :-) i hope it will
assist you. But even though its abilities already exceed those of
'base-mb' there are many open issues. So if you'll find any obscurity
it might also help us to refine the code.

For the beginning, if you're looking for the crucial assembly parts of
the 'base-hw' kernel, i would suggest you to have a look at
'base-hw/src/core/arm_v7a/crt0.s' and
'base-hw/src/core/arm_v7a/mode_transition.s'. The first does the kernel
initialization whereas the latter manages any further kernel entry out
of the userland.

I hope you'll enjoy holiday in france, i'm also away for vacation in
norway from the 10th of august until the beginning of september.
So i'm looking forward to the beginning of your project.

Cheers,
Martin