Trouble with QEMU when running run/demo on branch 12.05

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Wed Aug 1 15:31:20 CEST 2012

Hello Sergey,

On 08/01/2012 03:18 PM, Сергей Грехов wrote:
> Hello to all!
> I have switched on commit daf4300 and tried to run demo with command "make run/demo".
> The output gives no error, but for some reason qemu shows only black screen. I tried to use qemu provided by Ubuntu (0.15.1) and tried to compile version 0.14.1 with SDL support - the result is the same - black screen.
>
> The emulated system is foc_pbxa9.
>
> Command "make run/demo" works fine on tag 12.05. So I guess that the problem is in some commit between b54bdea and daf4300.

We recently removed a workaround for older Qemu versions in the
framebuffer driver which caused problems on Qemu > 1.0 (see
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/243).

Can you try a newer Qemu version?

Alternatively you could "reverse apply" the committed patch
(https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/7d86edc355dcb2e776ae0ef445a4b8c277f0afda).

Christian