Android on top of Genode

Fri Sep 23 17:10:06 CEST 2011

Dear Genode Community,

I'm happy to announce Genode's new facility to drive Google's Android.
By porting our changes of L4Linux to the L4Android fork we paved the way
to run Android instances in Genode. Beside the support of L4Android, we
added a bunch of new virtual drivers for L4Linux + L4Android, that
enable the usage of the following Genode device driver interfaces in
these para-virtualized Linux clones:

* Nic-session
* Block-session
* Terminal-session

The new features are available at our SVN repository. For giving it a
quick try, you may have a look at the quickstart section in the updated
'ports-foc/README' document:

  http://genode.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/genode/trunk/ports-foc/README

Please be aware that currently we've tested L4Android/Genode on top of
the IA32 architecture only.

Thanks a lot to Adam Lackorzynski as the main author of L4Linux, and to
the whole team around L4Android, as well as to Daniel Waddington for
bringing this feature onto our agenda.

Best Regards
Stefan
--