hello_tutorial

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed May 25 16:51:52 CEST 2011

Hi Yuri,

this tutorial is meant to be used with Linux as base platform because
Linux is by far the easiest platform for getting started with Genode.

We should clarify that in the document. Thanks for pointing this out!

Depending on the base platform you use, the way of integration,
configuration, and booting differs a lot. With the 'run' mechanism, we
started to streamline this process among the different platforms. The
upcoming release will take another step in this direction. However, I
expect that you will still need to understand how binaries are booted
with the kernel of your choice. To see how 'run' works for the platform
you are using, the 'base-<platform>/run/env' file will be insightful.