Create servers on different core.

Chen Tian - SISA chen.tian at ...58...
Fri Jun 24 19:45:32 CEST 2011

Hi Norman,

I think we currently can only migrate those new created threads. However, to migrate the first thread of an application (I think it is called thread0 in Genode) I need to get its capability. Do you know how I can get thread0's capability with in the main function of my app?

Thanks.

Chen

-----Original Message-----
From: Norman Feske [mailto:norman.feske at ...1...]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 9:55 AM
To: genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Create servers on different core.

Hello Chen,

> Without changing Genode, can I create a server on a different core than
> core 0? Also, is that possible to announce multiple services in a server
> and create multiple threads to provide different services?

currently this is not supported because we have not come up with a good
scheme for declaring CPU sets in a way that is in line with Genode's
recursive nature. As far as I know, Daniel has implemented a preliminary
solution for assigning Genode threads to physical CPUs (on Fiasco.OC).
Maybe you can check back with him? See the previous discussion here:

http://genode.org/community/viewml?thread_name=4D88624B.6040604%40genode-labs.com&forum_name=genode-main