Create servers on different core.

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Jun 24 18:54:50 CEST 2011

Hello Chen,

> Without changing Genode, can I create a server on a different core than
> core 0? Also, is that possible to announce multiple services in a server
> and create multiple threads to provide different services?

currently this is not supported because we have not come up with a good
scheme for declaring CPU sets in a way that is in line with Genode's
recursive nature. As far as I know, Daniel has implemented a preliminary
solution for assigning Genode threads to physical CPUs (on Fiasco.OC).
Maybe you can check back with him? See the previous discussion here:

http://genode.org/community/viewml?thread_name=4D88624B.6040604%40genode-labs.com&forum_name=genode-main