set pager in foc

Chen Tian - SISA chen.tian at ...58...
Sat Jun 18 01:38:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

After the set_pager function of a thread is called through a
cpu_session, the _pager  of that thread is set and used when the actual
platform thread starts. But there is only one thread (pager) to resolve
all page faults for all threads. I think the pager mapping  happened in
platform_thread::start (platform_thread.cc:40-47). Can somebody please
explain to me the meaning of this l4_task_map call? I suspect that
"_remote_pager_cap" is corresponding to  the global pager, but cannot
find any evidence.  Thanks a lot.

Best,

Chen