Create multiple processes.

Chen Tian - SISA chen.tian at ...58...
Fri Jun 17 00:50:57 CEST 2011

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the clarification.

Best,
Chen

-----Original Message----
From: Norman Feske [mailto:norman.feske at ...1...]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:43 AM
To: genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Create multiple processes.

Hi Chen,

I do not quite understand what you mean with "print". Are you referring
to the pointers returned by said functions? If yes, what information do
you expect to gain from these local address values? The 'env()' function
returns a local object that represents the environment of the process as
created by the parent. The object is normally located within the BSS
segment of the program. See the implementation of the 'env()' function
at ' base/src/base/env/env.cc'. The class implementing the 'Env'
interface can be found here: 'base/include/base/platform_env.h'.

When 'env()' is called for the first time, the single 'Platform_env'
object is constructed ('_env' is a local static variable of 'env()').
Upon construction, 'Platform_env' requests the process's CPU, RAM, RM,
and PD session from the parent interface by specifying the corresponding
service names prefixed with "Env::" as argument to the
'parent()->session()' call. At the parent side, these session requests
are especially handled. See 'base/include/base/child.h'. This way, the
child process retrieves the environment information from its parent. In
the 'Child' class, you can see that for these "Env::" sessions, the
parent returns capabilities taken from the local 'Child' object context.

Best regards
Norman