Simple custom pager

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Jul 21 17:42:28 CEST 2011

Hi Daniel,

it is possible to revoke mappings from a managed dataspace, needed for
implementing on-depand paging including the eviction of mappings. If you
take a close look at the 'rm_fault' example, you see that it is
precisely doing this procedure by subsequently attaching and revoking a
mapping to/from the managed dataspace accessed by the child.

But unmapping a whole managed dataspace will currently leave traces in
the virtual memory of the client. For our current uses where we use a
managed dataspace for the whole lifetime of a process, this is not a
problem. But this changes if you would want to use managed dataspace
more dynamically.

That said, the fix is not hard and we will resolve this issue with the
upcoming release.