Simple custom pager

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jul 18 12:10:04 CEST 2011

Hi Daniel,

the support for managed dataspaces on Fiasco.OC has now become available
with SVN revision 161. As reference of how this feature can be used, you
can find a ready-to-use run script at 'base/run/rm_fault.run'. To
execute the test case, just issue 'make run/rm_fault' from your build
directory.

We have also used a slightly improved version of your test case for
validating the page-fault handling code. The first improvement is the
initialization order of the '_size' and '_rm' members of
'Physical_backing_store'. In the original version, an undefined value
was passed as argument to the '_rm' constructor. The second improvement
is the format string used to read values from the managed dataspace.
Because the fresh allocated backing-store dataspace is initialized with
zeros, %c won't show anything meaningful. Hence, the format string was
changed to print integer values instead. Please find the new version
(including a run script) attached.

One known limitation with managed dataspaces on Fiasco.OC is worth
mentioning: Detaching a managed dataspace won't flush the corresponding
region of the virtual address space of the client. This is a known (but
small) issue resulting in the message "unmapping of managed dataspaces
not yet supported" when the test case exits. Please give us a hint when
this limitation becomes a problem for you.