Proposal for issue tracking

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Dec 16 19:52:10 CET 2011

Hi Christian,

thanks for the great summary and the pointers. I'm currently playing
with the Github issue-tracker interface and so far, I like it very much.
It is strikingly simple compared to Mantis (which I actually liked for
its simplicity, too).

A quick question: When opening a new issue, I could not figure out how
to assign labels initially. Is this only allowed for project admins? I
think it would be beneficial to at least be able to classify an issue as
"bug", "feature", or "doc". There is not much I can currently do with
your playground issue tracker. How can I become member of this project
in order to do some changes?

> Issues even can be closed from commit messages. The committer just
> adds a recognizable text, e.g., 'Fixes #3'. For more information have

That looks like a major improvement over our previous tool combination
of Mercurial + Mantis. Manually maintaining the relation between issue
numbers and hg revisions was always a bit awkward.

Ok, now back to the playground... :-)