Roadmap 2012

Alan Grimes agrimes at ...90...
Wed Dec 14 19:16:39 CET 2011

Norman Feske wrote:

> Wayland is independent from xorg. However, it relies on the GPU driver
> normally found in the Linux kernel as well as the user-level bindings
> found in libdrm. Fortunately, we have already ported (most of) these
> parts for Intel GPUs to Genode. See:

I have exactly one concern about Wayland.

There is a specific developer who has been busily breaking the keyboard
and mouse drivers on Xorg. The keyboard and mouse drivers used to be the
most reliable drivers on my computer, after this specific intel employee
started getting involved and making the keyboard and mouse "hot
pluggable", Xorg normally loads with NO KEYBOARD OR MOUSE SUPPORT AT
ALL!!! I either have to cold-boot the computer or I have to ssh into it
from somewhere else to kick it back to console mode. I forgot his name,
it is rather complex with accent characters. The solution is to add more
lines to xorg.conf to force the driver to behave as it used to. My
xorg.conf now reads like a mantric chant of commands to disable
hot-plugging.

This person is a man that I want lifetime banned from the open source
movement for reason of the quantity of my time he has wasted and the
amount of stress and aggrivation he has dealt me. =( This grade-A
asshole is also a prominent developer in the Wayland project therefore I
have very little hope that Wayland will ever be either reliable or
usable. =(

--
E T F
N H E