missing stderr?

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Thu Aug 25 10:38:46 CEST 2011

Hallo Daniel,

unfortunately I could not reproduce your issue. Could you please send
a simple test case/program? What I did was just editing the target.mk
of a simple libc program:

  -LIBS     = cxx env libm libc libc_log
  +LIBS     = cxx env libm libc libc_log stdcxx

I also discovered that both - libstdc++.a and libsupc++.a - contain
the vterminate.o object. This leads to your linking problem if
libstdc++.a(vterminate.o) is used instead of the variant from
libsupc++ - maybe due to command-line argument order. Our cxx library
includes libsupc++ with some private symbols including stderr.

So, a "make VERBOSE= VERBOSE_MK=" build log may also help.

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com/ · http://genode.org/ · /ˈdʒiː.nəʊd/