Question about hello tutorial

Wed Sep 15 11:43:33 CEST 2010

Hi Ruchith

On Tuesday, 14. September 2010 22:25:22 Ruchith Fernando wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to Genode :-).

that's fine, you're welcome!

> First I tried the quick start [1] and then I tried to setup the hello
> tutorial with the instructions available with the distribution (10.08)
> [2].
> I ran into an issue when adding the entry to the /bin/config file
> where the given config entry seems to be incorrect in syntax.

You are totally right, we changed the configuration syntax of init in the last
release to something mightier, which is also a little bit more sophisticated.
The documentation of the hello_world example hasn't been fixed yet, thank you
for that hint! We will change that immediatly.

Now, if a child wants to announce its services, this has to be stated within
the start entry of that child. In the hello world example change the start
entry to:

<start name="hello_server">
  <resource name="RAM" quantum="1M"/>
</start>