Problems with c++ exceptions

Steffen Liebergeld steffen at ...37...
Fri May 21 10:57:12 CEST 2010

Hello Genoders,

I'm having troubles with the C++ exception mechanism:

In base/src/platform/_main.cc:_main(), the exception frames are set up
in function init_exeption_handling(). Unfortunately, during startup of
the init task, this runs into a null pointer. I could trace this back to
base/src/base/cxx/exception.cc:__register_frame(__eh_frame_start), which
obviously calls some gcc-provided function. I am using the toolchain you
provide on your website. Did you have similar experiences during your
development? Do you have an idea what is going wrong in my setup? Where
should I start my investigations?

Many thanks in advance,
Steffen

--
Dipl.-Inf. Steffen Liebergeld <steffen at ...37...>
Security in Telecommunications