Using the HTTP server via TAP

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Wed Jun 2 15:18:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

just to make things clear...

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 01:18:24PM +0200, mx at ...19... wrote:
> The 10.02 release notes state that the nic driver "fakes an ethernet NIC with
> the MAC address 02-00-00-00-00-01".

This statement is only applicable for nic_drv on Genode/Linux
(os/src/drivers/nic/linux), where I had to implement a simple scheme
according to what Qemu does with "-net nic,mac_addr=...". For the
future, we plan to facilitate the config mechanism to make the MAC
configurable on bootup.

> Where could that MAC address come from? The
> driver obtains it from qemu in dde_tx_handler:
>
> dde_linux26_net_get_mac_addr(1, (unsigned char*)_mac_addr.addr);

This is from the the DDE-based nic_drv which certainly uses the
hardware MAC address (linux_drivers/src/drivers/nic).

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth