Interaction with L4

Peter Nguyen peter.nguyen at ...29...
Tue Jan 19 07:13:31 CET 2010

Norman,

To clarify what i'm doing, I've implemented a profiling environment that runs on
top of L4. More specifically, this profiling environment has adaptive
properties, where the profiling environment can react whenever certain events
occur. Currently, I've implemented this on top of Iguana, but in terms of
experimentation, there isn't a great deal that I can do. The interface to this
environment is a language, where the user expresses the profiling strategies
that should be used under certain circumstances. Currently, the language is
converted to L4 C code.

The reason why I'm looking at genode was that there was an implementation of a
HTTP server. I'd like to be able to use my language/profiling environment so
that it can monitor activity in terms of CPU usage, and also network usage,
given the IP stack. What do you think would be the best way to "link" my
profiling environment with Genode, given that virtually all the profiling code
is L4 based (there is some Iguana functionality as i mentioned before, but this
code can easily be converted to L4 code). I was thinking that it could be
implemented as part of the test suite (I've noticed a couple of test folders
that provide implementations of pagers and what not), where profiling begins
upon boot up, and then somehow providing a link between genode and my profiling
environment.

Peter